2. On a related note: it is best to get out of London every once in a while, or you will find yourself believing that Hampstead Heath* is "the wilderness." It is not.
3. There will always be tube construction somewhere. And while strikes and (lack of) weekend service are annoying, ours is still one of the most easily navigable, extensive and convenient systems in the world. Just saying.
4. London has a thing for burgers. I guess the US/New York has had cupcakes and the cronut for food fads - those invaded here to some extent, but London's 'pop' foods tend to be savory or alcoholic. Next up, supposedly: lobster rolls?
5. Scones are the BEST. Related discovery: America does not appear to know what a proper scone is.
6. School groups are the WORST. Yes, educational experiences are great and all, but AT WHAT COST?!
7. Sunshine will make everyone head for the parks. Good thing there are lots of them.
8. Although - or perhaps because - this city attracts people from all over, your accent will still define you.
9. London is shoving, crawling, and bursting with life - and I love it.
*Or anywhere outside of Zone 2, really.